With the many challenges in health care, Human Resource Professionals have an important opportunity to make an impact on our organizations and the communities we serve. In that regard, we are fortunate to have the American Society of Healthcare Human Resources (ASHHRA), along with affiliated chapters at the state level, including the South Carolina Healthcare Human Resources Association (SCHHRA) committed to enhancing the strategic role of HR.
To advance health care through the support and development of a knowledgeable and connected network of human resources professionals by providing innovative resources, tools and strategies.
An inspired community of health care human resources professionals that reaches its highest potential as a catalyst for positive change in an evolving health care landscape.
The SCHHRA Board is committed to the following goals in 2020:
Knowledge Advancement: Develop a wide, diverse foundation of subject matter expertise to elevate ASHHRA/SCHHRA and its members as providers of innovative information and solutions to the health care field
Network Advancement: Serve as the networking knowledge sharing and data analytics hub for health care human resources professionals to expand and extend professional connections and relationships.
Member Advancement: Enrich the member experience, increase value and grow the membership base through compelling participation and engagement opportunities.
Join Today! Benefits include:
- Connect with fellow health care HR professionals: Create collaborative relationships with your colleagues throughout South Carolina to support and improve the strength of our profession.
- Education sessions at no cost: The chapter offers at least two sessions each year with relevant topics for HR professionals. Each session includes lunch, CE credits and time to network with members.
- Discounted rates for Tri-State Conference: Each year, the chapter joins with the Virginia and North Carolina chapters to host a three-day conference specific to health care human resources. The conference is highly regarded as an exceptional, yet affordable, opportunity for learning, development and networking.
- Access to SCHHRA listserve: Garner ideas and share best practices through email communication with fellow members.
Save the Dates
April 29 – May 1, 2020 Tri-State Healthcare Human Resources Conference – Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
June 18, 2020 at SCHA in Columbia
December 3, 2020 at SCHA in Columbia
Michelle Wiles, MUSC Physicians
Andrea Clements, Roper St. Francis
Jami Turner, Lexington Medical Center
Long Term Care Representative
Laura Shirer, Presbyterian Communities of SC
Teresa Threlkeld, AnMed Health
Bootsie Wynne, Lexington Medical Center
Pee Dee Representative
Kim Litton, Conway Medical Center
Low Country Representative
Deborah Wilson, Roper St. Francis
Member at Large
Cindy Causey, McLeod Dillon
- SC Chapter of American Society of Healthcare Risk Management & Healthcare Quality (SCASHRM+AHQ)
- SC Executive Assistants in Healthcare (SCEAH)
- SC Healthcare Human Resources Association (SCHHRA)
- SC Organization of Nurse Leaders (SCONL)
- SC Society for Healthcare Emergency Management (SCSHEM)
- SC Society for Hospital Engineers (SCSHE)
- SC Society for Hospital Fund Development
- SC Society of Chaplains (SCSC)
- SC Society of Healthcare Directors of Volunteer Services (SCSHDVS)
- SC Society of Healthcare Supply Chain (SCSHSC)