Giving Back to Healthcare Workers
SCHA is tremendously proud of the frontline staff in our member hospitals who risk their lives every day to care for South Carolinians diagnosed with COVID-19. Below are a few ways you can give back to those workers who need your support.
Protect Your Local Healthcare Heroes through AHA
The American Hospital Association, the Creative Coalition and the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy have launched the “Protect the Heroes” campaign, which allows anyone to make direct impact donations to local hospitals and health systems. Donors can visit protecttheheroes.org and, with a single click, be connected to the website of a local hospital of their choosing and contribute to hospital emergency relief funds. Every dollar raised from Protect the Heroes goes to the donor’s choice of local hospital to purchase personal protective equipment and other support for local healthcare heroes fighting COVID-19. Learn more here.
Know A South Carolina Healthcare Worker Impacted by COVID-19?
Individuals who are employed either part- or full-time by a South Carolina hospital and who have been impacted from a financial, family or personal health standpoint by COVID-19 are eligible for a $1,000 grant from SCHA’s fundraising efforts. Eligible healthcare workers need to complete a brief application, and after a short review process they will be notified if they are selected to receive support from SCHA Foundation. The grants are not considered taxable income.
Funds are limited, so all applications must be received by June 12. For more information or with questions, contact Lara Hewitt.
- Latest COVID-19 Updates
- Resource Guide for Vaccination Clinics & Outreach
- BART Reminders & Definitions
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Hospitals
- Bed Surge Planning
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Recruiting Available Staffing
- Public Health Reserve Corps Available for Temporary Staffing
- Keeping Your Health Insurance During COVID-19
- Protect Your Workforce and Work Environment from COVID-19
- The New Normal of Hospital Visitation
- Giving Back to Healthcare Workers
- Staffing Plans for Possible Winter 2020-2021 Surges
- Updated Guidance on COVID-19 Data Reporting
- Vaccination Events: Sourcing & Staffing Team Members